Monday, January 19, 2009

What and Why - P365

Sunday, January 18, 2009 – 12:06AM

I am sitting down to pull pictures off of my camera, 482 to be exact. I only have myself to blame. As part of my way to define 2009, I am committing to Project 365 – one photo a day for 365 days. There are many reasons people choose to do P365. My reasons include: an excuse to take more photos, to spark creativity, to capture everyday life, to build skill, and also to remind myself to keep up with my other goals each and every day. The problem for me is not taking a photo everyday; I have done this for sometime without even thinking about it. The problem I have lies with selecting just one photo for each day and sticking with it. I think I will need to run two sets, one of shots I have captured of our everyday family life (I will journal along with this one.), and one of shots that have caught my eye. (These may or may not get a title.)

I began taking pictures with intention on January 1. However, due to the big move and lack of internet connection, I am just now getting started on publishing my photos. The first couple of weeks will be posted all together. From here on out I will attempt to create a digital layout of the photos so that at the end of the year I will have 52 layouts. (Something I have tried to accomplish for the last 2 years.) Beginning Monday, or some other day :), I will post the photos daily if you are interested in following along. So that I don’t feel as much pressure to commit to just one photo, I will continue to update our family blog as well. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment